(NOTE: 716moms & events links require you to be a registered 716moms member. Sign up! It's free!)

Saturday, May 13, 2017

CONTEST ALERT! - Who Needs a Fabulous Gift Bag?

How to Enter: In honor of Mother's Day, in this post's comments, share a favorite memory about a special woman (or child) in your life. Three (3) winners will be selected to win a gift bag prize. Make sure you leave your email address or log onto 716moms.com and comment on the Contest Post, that you have entered here and which comment is yours.

Donated by Babies & Bumps, these gift bags are perfect for new or expecting moms with lots of samples and full size items included, plus coupons and information about local services. (Valued at approx. $60!) Even if you are not a new or expecting mom, these would make a great gift. There will be three (3) gift bags awarded. Entries will be accepted until May 20th, 2017. Drawing will take place on May 21st, 2017. This contest is not associated in any way with Blogger. 







3 comments:

  1. My son, my first born, is a very special child in my life. When he was about 2 and 1/2 I was holding him in my arms rocking him and I whispered in his ear, "I waited a long time for you to come in to the world." He turned to me and said, "I waited a long time for you too, but you weren't ready." I was shocked. It was the longest sentence he had ever said, by far. It seemed unreal. And it was probably true. I probably wasn't ready before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom is a very special woman in my life. She usually knows the right thing to say in the moment, and her words still stay with me. I had a tough time in my 2 pregnancies, and she reassured me, and now I/we are blessed with 2 healthy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother and I were very close. My mom worked nights, so most of my childhood I was learning and playing and growing with my grandmother. She lived with us, so I was literally always with her. I was not an easy child. I know that I must have zapped her energy continuously without ever knowing it back then. As I grew into my teenage years, her health started to deteriorate. I now had to care for her the way she had cared for me, and it was really hard. She ended up needing to go to a nursing home. I would visit her every week, we would walk, and I would tease her the way I always had when I was a child. She only remembered who I was some of the time, but she knew that I loved her. When I became pregnant with my first rainbow baby, even though her health was getting worse and worse, she held on to see him. He was a little over a month old when she passed away. I think of her often, and I wonder if somewhere deep down she remembered and understood. As a mother, I also understand her sacrifice, and I appreciate what she did for me so much more, now that I am raising all of these humans myself. To do that in your 70s, is truly remarkable. I hope she is proud of who I am now, and that she knows how proud I am of her. Thank you, grandma ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!